Southern Alberta Real Estate
The vast majority of commercial/industrial land and lease availability is in the larger urban centres in the Region (Cardston, Claresholm, Crowsnest Pass, Fort Macleod, Pincher Creek). Smaller Towns such as Granum and Stavely have more modest opportunities, but offer affordability and quality of life that is an asset to regional development.
On average, industrial land prices are 75% lower than the City of Calgary and 50-60% lower than satellite urban communities around Calgary. Commercial lease rates are variable in the Alberta SouthWest region but are generally 30% to 50% lower than the City of Calgary.
Selected information on industrial land available in larger centres within AlbertaSW:
|Industrial Land Price Comparison
| Average Industrial land price (AlbertaSouthWest)
| Average industrial land price (City of Calgary)
- 45 acres of commercial/industrial land are available. Contact the Town Office at 403.625.3381 to inquire.
- Industrial - $215,000/acre
- Commercial - $435,000/acre
- Commercial lease rates - $6/sq. ft. (net)
- Commercial – $100,000/acre
- Industrial – $30,000/acre
- Commercial lease rate – $12/sq. ft. (net)
Land development in the community is usually undertaken by the Town as owners of most of the vacant, undeveloped land in the community. Current inventory includes 60 acres of fully serviced, light-industrial land.
- Industrial - $150,000/acre
- 48 acres of commercial/industrial land are available.
The Town is a developer of commercial/industrial lands and has lots for sale.
Housing affordability is a key feature of being able to attract and retain labour force supply. All forms of housing are within reach of average family income in the Alberta SouthWest region. Average resale house price (2010) in Alberta SouthWest is $147,000. The urban centres of Claresholm, Crowsnest Pass, and Pincher Creek have modestly higher average resale prices of roughly $200,000.
Based on house resale prices in 2010, housing prices in urban communities in Alberta SouthWest are:
- 68% lower than City of Calgary average
- 64% lower than total Calgary Region average
- 59% lower than Calgary Region satellite community average
Based on house resale prices in 2010, housing prices in rural districts in Alberta SouthWest are:
- 72% lower than Calgary region country residential
Local real estate companies are a first point of contact in the search for commercial or industrial lease, land, or new construction opportunities. Click here
to view list of realtors in the region.